Get warm on a cold Florida night (temps in the 50s). Recipe courtesy of Savvy Eats:
Perfect Hot Chocolate
Yield: Serves 1
- 1 oz semisweet or dark chocolate, chopped into small pieces or shaved
- 1 T unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup milk
- Pinch of salt
- 1-3 T sugar (optional, to taste)
- In a small saucepan, mix the chocolate, cocoa powder and 1/2 cup of the milk over low heat. Stir continuously until the chocolate is completely melted.
- Add the rest of the milk and the salt. Stir, then allow to heat the rest of the way through.
- Stir in sugar to taste. Pour into a mug and top with marshmallows or whipped cream, if desired.