This dressing is quick and easy to make with a few handy ingredients. It can easily be altered to match different flavors for your meal. The avocado provides the main oil ingredient of the dressing so no mayonnaise or olive oil is needed.
– 1 Haas avocado
– 1 Tbl. Plain Yogurt (I prefer whole-milk. I did not use Greek)
– 2 Tbl. Sour Cream (I prefer whole-milk.)
– 2 Garlic Cloves minced or smashed and chopped
– 1 Tsp. Lemon Juice (more to taste if needed))
– 1/4 Tsp. Black Pepper
– 1/2 Tsp. Salt (more to taste if needed)
– 1 Tsp. Dried Herbs (Dill, Basil or a combination of both)
– Slice avocado in half. Scoop the fruit out into a bowl and mash.
– Scrape mashed avocado into jar or keep in bowl for serving.
– Add rest of ingredients.
– Shake vigorously with lid on jar or wisk if in bowl until well mixed.
Serve on your favorite salad and enjoy!
– another option would be to use a Tbl. of fresh chopped cilantro for a Mexican flare instead of using dried herbs.