- Grilled Fish. We were lucky enough to have some mahi-mahi that was caught just days ago and tasted oh so good off the grill from a friend!
- Macaroni and Cheese. I’ve become a huge fan of this “Stop Top Macaroni and Cheese” from Alton Brown. if you can make the boxed stuff, you can make this. Here’s the best part, the cheese is real and powder that you add water to. Come on, you can do it.
- Green Salad. I’ve said this before and I’ll say it again, we’ve discovered that salad tastes better with goat, feta or parmesan cheese on top. Mix in some red onion, tomatoes, cucumber, shredded carrot, olives and anything else you like.
- Chopped Veggies for the kids.
- Grilled Bratwurst. Buy fresh brats if you can find them at your local store. I picked up some “made in store” ones from Whole Foods that I can’t wait to eat tomorrow.
- Grilled Zucchini and Yellow Squash. Slice them lengthwise about a half-inch thick. Drizzle a little olive over them and sprinkle with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Grill them around 5 minutes per sound until browned to your liking.
- German Potato Salad. This one from Whole Foods looks good, but make any kind you like.
- White Chicken Chili. Somehow we never seem to write down the ones that we like. This one from Food52 looks really good though. If you have a favorite, please share it in the comments area.
- Homemade bread or some Tortilla Chips to Dip. This no-knead crusty bread recipe I found is amazing! I will be posting about it soon, but if you’ve read this far, make it. It’s easy (for real) and very good.
- Left-overs or Take-out Night
- Taco Night! We’re going with good old ground beef tacos this week. Make your own taco seasoning. It’s easy to throw together with seasonings you likely already have.
- Rice. My boys like rice. A lot. We have a rice cooker which makes life easy.
- Beans. Make some black, pinto or refried beans to have on the side.
- Falafel with Yogurt Sauce. Going vegetarian one night this week. If you’ve never eaten a falafel, you must try it, and unlike others these are baked!