Anyone can make this restaurant quality salsa at home. It’s not too chunky or completely pureed, but in my opinion is the perfect consistency for dipping.
No blender. No food processor. Just tomatoes from a carton, some onion, garlic, cilantro, lime juice and a few seasonings.
My preference is to buy Pomi brand tomatoes in a carton. You want to get the finely chopped ones. This way they come ready to go for salsa. If you haven’t tried this brand before, you will be in for a treat. You can buy them at Publix or other local grocery store right next to the canned tomatoes.
- One 26 ounce carton of Pomi tomatoes
- 1/2 of a medium sweet onion chopped small
- 2-3 fresh garlic cloves pressed (or 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder)
- 4 tablespoons fresh chopped cilantro
- Juice from half a lime squeezed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin (omit if you don’t have on hand)
- Mix all ingredients together in a non-metal bowl
- Let sit for a couple of minutes and enjoy!
- Will last for 4-5 days in the fridge