Having multiple colors of foods on your plate has benefits:
1. It’s visually appealing. We’re all typically more apt to enjoy things when they look nice.
2. You will include more vegetables and fruits, since they’re naturally more colorful that meat and starches.
3. Your body will get the nutrients it needs naturally. Each type of food with different colors contains different essential nutrients.
4. The meal will be more enjoyable overall.
The meal pictured here was a dinner I made with:
– pesto coated grilled chicken thighs
– grilled potato rounds
– grilled asparagus
– slaw with red cabbage, carrot, cilantro, cumin, salt, rice vinegar and olive oil
– sliced onion and yellow tomatoes